West Jordan Dog Park
- AndreaMar 22, 2019Great And Close by!
Love this park because it’s 5 minutes from home and I’ve only ever encounter 1 semi aggressive dog but the owners did leash him and left right away once he tried to attack another dog. (PLEASE DO NOT BRING YOUR AGGRESSIVE DOGS TO THE PARK SO THEY ATTACK THE NICE DOGS THERE). My dog has not had any issues and loves going there to play with the other doggies, she comes home tired and wants to nap.
- Dezi jFeb 14, 2019Great Park But It Stresses Me Out Somethimes
Love this place but one issue is I notice so many time dogs knocking over toddlers. Parent need to be more responsible with there children it is a dog park not a play ground.
- SusanMay 30, 2018I have a question
I have a question since I have a young kid in a stroller and seen them there before. Any thoughts? I can understand it's my fault if he is bit, but I didn't want to get glares. It's just hard giving our pup the energy release he needs and my kid loves the attention.
- CinthiaMore than a year agoDOGS, NOT FOR SMALL CHILDREN.
Let’s get this out the way first, I’ve gone for a year now. About every so often that I go there is SMALL children under the age of 6-7 who are running around chasing their family dog and I’ve seen a few get run over from other dogs running and playing with each other and what do you know? The parent is then complaining and trying to blame the dog owners. Listen, it’s fine to bring your babies, but do NOT blame the dog owners if their dog runs into your small child while they’re playing in a DOG PARK. There is a playground just down the street from the dog park you can take your child later to play, or make sure they don’t run into the open area with all the dogs.
Now then, since that’s out the way let’s get into the pros and cons.
• 3 different areas all fenced in, if you have a small dog that doesn’t like to play with big dogs, or is scared there is a small dog area. If you have a energetic husky then the big area either grass or gravel then your husky will be a tired pup. *** hence only 4 bone rating.
• In the summer, spring and a bit of fall there is a water fountain for your fur babies (do be careful I’ve heard of one dog getting kennel cough, so if you don’t want to take a risk BYOW!)
• it’s great to socialize your pups there, (personally haven’t run into aggressive dogs.)
• it’s a great way to meet other fur mom and dads.
• parking isn’t much of a problem.
• more dogs towards the evening when the weather gets hotter (I’d suggest around 5:30 and later.)
• SMALL CHILDREN RUNNING IN BETWEEN ALL THE OTHER DOGS.
• please... don’t bring your speaker I don’t want to listen to your g-eazy.
• I’ve ran into people smoking cigarettes in the dog park and a lot of vaping (not too bad but still annoying when I get small whiffs of fruitiness .
• again with con #1..... do NOT play football with each other in the dog park.. I’ve seen this before as well. Family of 7-8 cams with their loud speakers and playing football in the middle of the dog park while their dog was off playing... again.... I don’t need to say it another time.
•some people don’t clean up after their dogs.
- Mason LineMore than a year agoThis park is for DOGS
Nothing is worse than
1. male dogs urinating on the gates, fences benches, trash cans and the young trees.
2. Owners who refuse to pick up their dog waste and
3. kids playing in the gravelly areas where it's covered in urine. It's simply a haven for disgusting health issues for human and canine alike.
Great off leash dog park, but some irresponsible owners who should be dealt a hefty fine for rule violations clearly posted everywhere.
- ChrisMore than a year agoOff leash park
My German Shepherd is only seven months old but I've been bring her here since last December. She gets excited whenever we turn into the street as she's made a lot of puppy friends here.
For the most part it's nice and clean but recently, they're have been some inconsiderates who fail to pick up after dogs and people bringing their small kids to play in the park even though it's well posted.
Plenty of Potty bags and trash cans are placed within easy reach as well as cold water during the warmer weather. In the cooler weather, bring your own water.
The dog park has three designated areas for different size dogs and benches for their owners. Some areas have young trees but the male dogs constantly urinating on them have caused many to die.
If owners would obey ALL the rules and leave their kids at home, plus be considerate of other owners it would be THE ideal off leash dog park in West Jordan.
- M.K.More than a year agoGreat park, the separated areas are awesome
This is a pretty happening park... there are usually plenty of dogs around for your pooch to play with, there are lots of waste bag stations provided and plenty of benches to relax on, and having 3 completely separate areas gives you a lot of flexibility in where you let your dogs play. (Owners of small dogs will often give the dedicated small dogs area a miss entirely; often there aren't any dogs in there at all to play with. Typically every dog in the park will be in the grassy large dog area.) There's a lot of room for your dogs to stretch their legs and run, and most often a variety of other dogs to play with. And hey, if you're looking for a new pal, West Jordan animal shelter is right there too. :D Parking is available in the animal shelter lot or in the much larger lot across the road at Ron Wood Park. Currently (as of August 1 2016) the road in to the parking lots is under construction, but the dog park is open and visitors can park along the shoulder of the roadway. I don't really live anywhere near this park but I like it enough to drive out regularly and pass up the park that's nearest me.
- CassidyMore than a year agoLOVE!
Me and my German Shepherd are constantly at this park. Its super clean everyone there is usually super friendly and understanding. The water is shut off during the winter so you need to bring your own, but is back on during the warmer seasons. Over all an amazing park.
- Kaitlyn CaldwellMore than a year agoWe Love It
I love the options of which area is best for your pup. The water is always appreciated and is large enough for my beagle to burn that running energy out. There was an unfortunate incident of an owner not watching their three dogs terrorize another dog while I was there, but there is one parent in every dog park. I have seen the greatest owners there including a blind black lab who did get ran over a couple of times, but was watched carefully by her owners and still had a good time sniffin other dogs. I would recommend this to friends, however the trees aren't old enough to do much shading yet.