Wine Tours of Sedona
- DanSep. 29, 2021Recovered from a bad start
We found this tour on Bring Fido because we had two dogs with us and we wanted to hike with them. I spoke with Jim and he suggested the wine tour and they would customize with a hike with dogs. We were skeptical of the wine because we live just an hour or two from the Napa/Sonoma valley in California.
1. Our tour guide never got the message that we were on a dog trip not a human trip
2. Our guide gave us a welcoming speech about how flexible he/they are, and then was completely flustered when we said we wanted hiking for the dogs.
3. We were two couples with a dog each… one was in the first row of the van, the other in the second row. When the guide, who spoke quietly was asked to increase his volume so we could hear in seat #2 with the air conditioning on high, he had a snide reply that we had a choice to sit in the second row and he can’t raise his voice.
4. Jim got on the phone and recommended a hiking location. I got on phone with Jim and he admitted his notes don’t reflect any changes to the wine tour. I had also followed up in writing. I reiterated our non-interest in AZ wine given where we’re from and that we were referred to them thru Bring Fido. Jim thought the hike was going to be day 2: Red Rock Park (which we cancelled) because the Park prohibits dogs!
5. The chocolate tasting is a complete joke… it’s in a marijuana store with staff who know nothing about the chocolate and what’s inside! We were given $10 each to buy chocolate.
6. After the chocolate stop, this trip was wonderful!! First the dog hike (maybe a couple of miles near a river), then AZ wine tasting (remarkably good!), then lunch at a second winery in a pretty outdoor setting with live music. However, while winery #1 had a person who explained each wine we tasted, winery #2 left it to our guide to read the paper on the table with the types of wine.
This ended well. And we really enjoyed our last stop — the setting and the time allowed. While I put in writing our desires after the first call and the booking with a cc charged immediately, I should have been more insistent to understand the dog focus.
Warning: once your card is charged, there is a large penalty for refunds. So, don’t provide your cc unless you’re certain you’ll get what you asked for.
- JenniferMar. 16, 2021Great dog friendly tours!
Jim and Clay and guide dog Alma gave us an amazing tour and truly made sure that both the humans and doggies had fun!