Bowie Dog Park
Or call (301) 809-3056 for more information.
- KiaraApr. 19, 2022Think twice before coming to this dog park
If you are thinking about taking your puppy to this dog park, please consider these small facts:
- It's poorly managed and free
- Anyone can bring their dog there, and most pet owners bring dogs who are not trained or are aggressive with other dogs
- Many dog owners who come to this free dog park are severely inexperienced with dog training.
I've been here four times, and three times while I had my dog on the leash conducting training, other dogs have tried to attack my dogs, and the owners of these dogs did not really care about their dog's temperament. If you do consider coming to this dog park, please bring pepper spray so you can deter the dogs belonging to lazy and inexperienced owners.
- ShadyOct. 24, 2020Dog pen maybe
Small park with mulch nothing to talk about, fine if you are on a road trip and need to let dogs out but that’s about it. Google maps doesn’t let you rate park so the 4.7 rating on there is crap
- RachelMore than a year agoCould be better
Pros: Went on a Friday afternoon, good amount of dogs coming and going (5-8). Nice people.
Cons: A few people didn’t pick up their dogs poop and on an 81+ degree day in July there was no water, the single 5-gallon jug was completely empty.
- AnnaMore than a year agoOften deserted
This place is fun when there are other dogs, but except for afternoons on the weekends it is empty. It's not much, just a fenced in area.
- Big Dog OwnerMore than a year agoBowie Dog Park
My dog and I love this park. It has been hard finding a park where no one is scared of your dog and I found it. Since I have been coming here there has been no fights and all of the owners are friendly. I do have to take some points off because of the fact of when it rains its not the perfect place to go but where is?
- LexiMore than a year agoNot great for small dogs
I gave this two bones because it's close to my house and it's free. However, the small dog area is about the size of my living room. Many small dog owners mingle with the bigger dog owners and their dogs. So when that happens and there's no one else, you're either taking your chances with bringing your small dog over to the big dog area, or your dog is just running around in a very small area. Plus, the park is all mulch and dirt, which is good for cleanup, but bad whenever it rains.