Mosswood Park Dog Run
Or call (510) 597-5038 for more information.
- Shoyu the ShibaMay. 23, 2021Least favorite dog park
Only one large fenced in dog area under the freeway. Water available, but otherwise, it's mostly sandy dust and cement. At least the entire area is shaded all the time!
- NickDec. 16, 2019Better Than Nothing
This is better than nothing, good for a quick stop to go to the bathroom,, or toss a ball a little. Just a small enclosed dirt area under highway 24 (loud). Pretty ugly park. Sometimes no dogs here if your dog needs interaction.
- JulieMore than a year agoDo Not Bother!
I was having a medical procedure done, so roommate decided to take my dog to this dog park while he waited for me. It was only a few blocks from the hospital and would have worked out perfect.
However, it is now a homeless camp instead of a dog park. There are numerous tents, with garbage everywhere, clothes hanging over everything, used hypodermic needles. Thankfully, roomie took her somewhere else and they never bothered getting out of the car. He drove me by later so I could see. I will be making a complaint to the city.
- EmilyMore than a year agoNice smaller area
This is the perfect park for certain dogs. There's a spot for small dogs and one for medium/big dogs. I got my dog (medium/large sized) a month ago and we go here all the time. It's the perfect size for dogs that aren't so great at recall yet. This place is always stocked with tennis balls from the court in front of it. It's not very big, and is weirdly sloped though. Here's some more information in Pro/Con form:
Large Dog Park: (weirdly smaller than the small dog park)
- great water fountain for dogs!! (bring your own human water)
- Small enough that you can always catch up to your dog
- Big enough for your dog to run around
- right behind a tennis court so there are plenty of balls!
- not very crowded
- nice seating & friendly people
- Dusty! So you and your pup will probably get dirty
- No grass
- most of it is weirdly on a slope
The small dog park is great too. I've taken my pup there when no one else was around. There is way more grass and a bunch of benches/logs for dogs to jump up on and people to sit on.
- JohnMore than a year ago?
Don't waste your time.