Shadmoor State Preserve Trail
Or call (631) 668-3781 for more information.
- AmberJun. 26, 2021Off season perfect hike
This trail has stunning views of the ocean. I hiked it in winter so I did not experience the tick issues. I recommend 100% during the off season.
- BrynJan. 14, 2021Gorgeous Short Hike
Yes, there are lots of ticks in the summer! this is Eastern LI after all...
- EmilyJul. 9, 2020So many ticks!
The trail itself is nice, right along the bluffs. However, the grass is tall and when we finished the trail my boyfriend,myself and my dog all were COVERED in ticks. Pulled 5-6 off each of ourselves and ~15 off of my dog. Thankfully, we didn’t get bit by any they were on our clothes and her fur (she has pretty long fur) but still I’m nervous there may be some. Smart little guys even hid between her paw pads. Thankfully she’s Lyme vaccinated too, but I definitely would skip this trail if you have a long haired dog that makes finding ticks difficult.
- DanielJun. 28, 2019TICKS!!!
Lovely hike but after just 20 minutes my dog was absolutely covered in ticks (both deer and seedticks). Spent a good 2 hours removing over 50 of them so beware!!!
- JackyMore than a year agoBeautiful view with diversity in trail
Beautiful hike a little over a mile hike long with amazing view and trail choice
- A RamirezMore than a year agoGreat beach trail!
Our dog loved it! Totally recommend
- MichelleMore than a year ago5 stars
Such a pretty trail, great views!