Longhill Dog Park
There is no cost to use the dog park! In order to help fund future maintenance, when you renew your dog's license, there is a choice to make a designated contribution to the park.
1. Dogs must be licensed and vaccinated.
2. Dogs must be spayed or neutered.
3. No dogs with communicable diseases.
4. No unusually aggressive dogs.
5. No choke chains, prong, spiked, or shock collars.
6. Never leave dogs unattended (out of sight or voice control).
7. Dogs must be leashed until they are in the entrance area.
8. Dog waste must be picked up and disposed of by owner/handler.
9. No more than 2 dogs per adult.
10. No glass or human food.
11. Absolutely no alcohol or drugs.
12. Children under 12 must be supervised by an adult.
13. Owner waives liability to the city for any injury or damage incurred at the park.
14. Owners/handlers are liable for damage or injury inflicted by their dog(s).
15. No dogs on athletic fields at any time. Visit Website
Or call (603) 516-6401 for more information.
- DannyJan. 15, 2021Aggressive Dogs, Don’t Recommend
we’ve encountered serval severe aggressive dogs and seen dog fights. One dog left in stitches. Two of which attacked my dog unprovoked as he lay under a table. nothing seems to get done about people bringing aggressive dogs. Big pools are brought in the summer and dogs are constantly peeing in them as other dogs are playing and drinking in them. when they get dumped it leaves a huge pool of water in the dirt causing the same problem. I worry about dogs health, very disgusting.
- GinaJul. 20, 2019Hit or Miss
There are days I have been here and the people and dogs are wonderful, and there are times I’ve been here where the owners are not picking up after their dog and just doing their own thing. There has been an increase in car break-ins with this location, and due to there being no monitoring or cameras I have stopped going as my last trip cost me almost $300 to fix my window (yes it was smashed in). I do love that this park has water for the dogs and partial shade and partial sun. Wish there was some grass areas in the large dog area but kind of limited. Most owners I have met have been great if any dog becomes aggressive but that can vary as well too.
- SaraMore than a year agoGreat spot
I travel often and this park has been great so far. I've met a few regulars and they all seem nice. I've never had a problem with any misbehaved humans or dogs. Very large areas for dogs to run and play.
- Dog OwnerMore than a year agoPark ok, people not so,
Large fenced in area that was nice, but very dusty and at times dirty. Like most of the other reviews, people don't pick up after there dogs, and are rude. Story's I been told here are that dogs have been dropped off and left here, and there have been lots of dog fighting with each other with owners not knowing what to do.
- ApMore than a year agoHumans not well behaved
Nice area with partial tree covering. Two fenced in areas, part sand/dirt grass covering. Picnic tables (which I do not think should be in dog parks for the following) large amount of dogs small to large. I have a very friendly low key dog, he loves all. He was greeted and the sniff and play began, but was immediately haunted by dogs standing by and under the picnic table that about 6 people were sitting at. I am all for socializing when letting my boy socialize.. but to be clear, this group did look up unless their dog barked and even then no correction was given. It is doubtful that they clean up after their pets as well as the dog is left hiding and being protective of the area they have sat down and not moved from. Was a few dog owners walking around the outskirts that were very nice and our dogs played together. Unfortunately we will not be revising this park, as social time is better served at a bear by coffee shop not the dog park.
- AshleyMore than a year agodid like this park until recently
I was an avid regular till I realized more then half the the ppl are rude and do not understand proper dog behavior in a pack situation. Dogs constantly trying to hump other dogs and not being stopped by their owners is ridiculous. The ppl are rude and attack other ppl for no reason. Also the amount of unneutered males is unacceptable. Maybe if things change and ppl actually take the time to read the message board about acceptable dog behavior and correct there dogs when needed I would go back. But till then I will go to gonic trails and Baxter lake with my dog.
- BeckyMore than a year agoGreat park!
This park was so much fun! Clean water & dishes & pool provided. Picnic tables and various toys/balls hanging around to use. Lots of traffic - at one point there were 9 dogs running around. We both took a nap when we got home!
- ShannaMore than a year agoclean and fun
This park is decent sized and maintained well.
- MOMMYDADDYDOGGIEDAYMore than a year agoFantastic Park
Blew us away how great this park is. We were in Dover to go to the pet store and figured we'd swing by here and let Ryleigh run instead of sitting in the car. She loved it
- Teacher's Pet Sitting ServicesMore than a year agoPawsome dog park! Fun fur all!
Daisy, my treeing walker coon hound, and can't get enough of this dog park because dog lovers donate plastic bags, water buckets, kiddie swimming pools, and kindness to all no matter how much a dog barks or tosses dust in the faces of all who stand by. Love this park! Highly recommend it!