Kona Kai Resort1551 Shelter Island Dr, San Diego, CA 92106
Kona Kai Resort welcomes one pet up to 100 lbs for an additional fee of $50 per night. Both dogs and cats are permitted, but cannot be left unattended. Waste bags, pet beds, bowls, and treats are available, and pets are allowed at any green space on the property. For same day arrivals, please call 877-411-3436 to confirm availability of a pet-friendly room.Book Now
Or call 877-411-3436 to reserve a pet friendly room.
Book on BringFido to get a low rate on a pet friendly room. There is no booking fee and reservations are always backed by our Pet Friendly Guarantee.
We can only guarantee a pet-friendly room when you book through BringFido or call 877-411-3436.
OUR GUARANTEE: Book a room now! Our canine concierge will make sure you're assigned a pet-friendly room, so there aren't any surprises at check-in.
At the tip of Shelter Island, the southern California vibe emanates at our beachfront hotel in San Diego. Sun, surf and sea create the tropical essence of our beachfront hotel in San Diego. With a rich history steeped in the beat and bravura of Polynesian and Spanish Colonial, Kona Kai Resort & Spa is a restyled creation of fresh, fun elegance punctuated by casual luxury. Fresh off a million dollar transformation, the updated property features newly renovated bathrooms with glass enclosed showers in every guestroom, revitalized common areas and a luxurious spa, SpaTerre, offering the finest services from all over the world. Perfect for an executive meeting, a surprise getaway or a romantic wedding, Kona Kai Resort & Spa offers the right space for the right occasion. You'll find that space amidst quiet, private beaches, lush tropical gardens, astounding bay and marina views along San Diego's most magnificent stretch of waterfront. Relax poolside while you take in the view of Kona Ka i Marina from the Tiki Bar or zip around the San Diego Bay on jet skis and see the city from a new perspective. Kona Kai Resort & Spa is the perfect place to start living.
- Pet Friendly
- Fitness Center
- Internet Available
- Free WiFi
- Business Center
- Meeting Rooms
- Babysitting Available
- Air Conditioning
- Cable Television
- Room Service
- Spa Services
- Parking Available
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Exterior Rooms
- Dry Cleaning
- Non-Smoking Property
- Smoking Rooms Available
Jun. 06, 2019
If they have a group event of some kind, as a resort guest you will be treated as a second class citizen. Here is a list of things that led to one of the worst resort experiences of my entire life:
1) Their faulty and VERY LOUD fire alarm went off at 3am our first night.
2) On the second day, housekeeping came and took our old towels. The problem is, that is ALL they did. They didn't leave new towels. Nor did they even enter the room to clean anything because the $5 tip I left on the bed was still there.
3) The second evening we went to the pool to relax in the hot tub. But the main pool was closed because of a 'private event.' Fine. So we went over the the 'adults only' pool to find a woman and her three young, very rambunctious children using the hot tub. I don't blame her, BECAUSE THE MAIN POOL WAS CLOSED. Also, the bar was closed and nobody came over to take any drink orders. This was also the case the second time I used the hot tub. What am I supposed to do? Walk into the restaurant soaking wet in my bathing suit to order a beer?
4) The third morning we went to have breakfast outside. We had our dog with so that is the only place we are allowed (which is fine). Except that the outside part of the restaurant WAS CLOSED FOR A PRIVATE EVENT. So no option to eat and relax for breakfast.
5) Also that day, their 'private beach' was being used by the private event with loud music playing. There is no way to escape it.
6) On our 4th and final night, we were constantly woken up between 2-3am by partiers running around, slamming doors and yelling. It took two calls to the front desk and my threat to call the police to get this to stop.
In summary, THIS PLACE SUCKS. It was the opposite of the four night, relaxing getaway I was hoping for and which they market. They comped me one free night, which isn't nearly enough to make up for the ridiculously awful stay we had there all the way around. I would rather have stayed home.
DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!
More than one year ago.
We loved this resort (and yes, that includes our dog!)
Lots of grassy areas to enjoy and meet other dogs out for walks. Hotel is comfortable and quiet, with bay on one side and marina on other. View is spectacular. We are reccomending to our friends and will definitely go back.