Humane Society of Pinellas
HSP not only pet adoptions, but also the following services:
- Affordable Veterinary Care at our Pet Clinic and on our Mobile Medical Unit
- Affordable Dog and Cat Behavior Consultation Services, offering in-home and on-site training
- Pet Food Pantry
- Community Cat Trap-Neuter-Vaccinate-Release surgeries
- Humane Education, including summer camps for kids and monthly clubs
- Volunteer opportunities
- HopeJan. 18, 2020Stay away!
Avoid this place at all costs!
I brought in my three year old Labradoodle, hoping to use this clinic as my dog's primary veterinarian. Big mistake! Rarely does someone answer the phone during regular business hours, but even after I leave numerous voicemails, I still don't get a call back.
When my dog had urinary incontinence issues, the vet here ordered tests that cost me over $1,000...only to tell me there was no diagnosis, and he wanted to perform even more tests.
When I finally gave up in frustration, and went to see a vet in Indian Rocks (Sun Surf Animal Hospital), the vet there told me it was either a bladder infection, or my dog just has urinary incontinence that can't be helped. He started her on antibiotics ($99 for exam and medication).
Do yourself a favor, and stay away from the Pet Clinic of the Human Society of Pinellas County. They're useless and will charge you an obscene amount of money...when you're lucky enough to get an appointment.