Call (954) 757-4104 for more information.
- MaryannApr. 20, 2022Many big dogs over 30 pounds on small dog side
I live only 5 minutes from Barkland but prefer firefighters dog park in Margate. This is why:
1. Dogs much larger then 25 lbs are on the small side because their owners say their dogs like the smaller dogs plus they aren't aggressive. However when 3 get on my 16 lb dog its hard for him to get away. The park needs to e divided into 3 sizes. The owners are sweet but they are only thinking of their dogs.
2.Bathroom while their is a bathroom in the children's park their is a big sign no dogs from this point on. Which means if you follow the rules you can't take your dog with you. One of two things you leave your dog alone at the park or you take him with you despite the sign.
3. You need to go to firefighters dog park in Margate grass in better condition and overall cleaner.
While their are larger dogs on the small side they are usually pups under 12 months
Now i will say the last time you closed the park for for two weeks
you did fix the the water fountain properly plus cutting the bushes and trim the tree was a big improvement. Before my dog found a dead mouse. That is why I gave the park two.
- EmilyJun. 15, 2019Large space, friendly people and pups
We had a good experience on our visit. This is a much larger dog run than I am used to in Ohio so keep that in mind if your dog doesn't recall easily. There were some shade areas which was nice and they did have water available for people and pets. They don't seem to have many regular parks in this area that allow dogs so it was nice that we could take advantage of this and let our dog get some energy out.
- ChrisMore than a year agoAggressive dogs/ ignorant people
Owners don't know the rules. I brought my GSD to this park as we like to scope out various dog parks. I noticed many pit bulls here. There wasn't an issue till my dog & another pit bull got into it a bit (barking & growling), so I called my dog to withdraw and continue playing with her ball. An ignorant busy body told me no toys were allowed & I laughed & said never heard of such a thing (it's not in the Barkland rules either) because toys cause fights!? Lol... She then said that wasn't even her dog & I was wondering why she was butting in. She then proceeded to tell a gruesome story of a dog fight that occurred at that park sometime ago. <Bad vibes>. At that point I got my GSD puppy & left. Didn't need the hassle, ignorance or negative Nelly info. I did call the park ranger re: the park rules & he verified he never heard of the no toy rule.
- SaraMore than a year agoGreat Dog Park
My dog loves this park. She is two and a half and has been visiting park off and on since she was about 5 months. Most dogs are friendly and owners are very responsible.
- AmyMore than a year agomy pup loves it
Pretty clean, nice fenced in area. Most of the dogs are pretty well behaved
- StephenMore than a year agolovely dog park
Worth a drive from Delray for this lovely park. Very well maintained and organized park. Lg & Sm sides, many water spots, dog wash. Best part; really nice dogs & responsible owners. Thanks Town of Parkland.
- GinaMore than a year agoExcellent!
I love this dog park! It's clean, has poopy bags, water fountains for doggies and it's a very big park. There's a section for dogs under 25 and one for over, and a separate section to hose down your dog if necessary. The owners are very nice and the dogs are well behaved.