Adventure DC Tricycle Tours
- KatieJul. 26, 2021DC Pedicab Monuments and Memorials Tours with the Coolest Tour Guide Ever!
We had a private tour booked with Barry on Monday, 7/5/2021. From the moment we booked with him to the moment he we met him, his communication with us was spot on! He met us at our arranged location outside a convenient metro stop and had the "limo-sized" pedi cab there waiting! The cab itself was spacious and comfortable! Barry was incredible. He was welcoming and cool and made us feel at home and like a long-time friend upon our first meeting him. We kicked the tour right off and Barry's knowledge and passion for the DC Monuments and Memorials shined through within seconds. It was my first time touring DC and on a VERY hot summer day, the pedicab was the perfect way to see everything but also enjoy a cool break in the shade while getting to the next area. We not only learned history about each area we visited, we also heard cool DC stories and random facts and knowledge about the area that Barry has picked up and experienced in his time in the city...something we never would've gotten in another tour. I cannot recommend this tour enough. If you want an experience in DC like nothing you'll get elsewhere...one where you will feel relaxed, at home, share a lot of laughs, and leave with a ton of knowledge then book with Adventure DC Tricycle Tours and Barry. And splurge for the limo pedicab...it is worth it!
- AshlingJun. 14, 2021Dog and kid friendly way to see DC
On short notice we called and booked a private tour with Barry for two adults, two kids and our dog in their limo cab. We were traveling through DC for the day with our dog and it was going to be a 90 degree day. I knew the kids and our 14 yr old dog would not be too happy walking miles on the National Mall to see as much of the outdoor sites as we could. Barry was an amazing tour guide, very knowledgeable cracking jokes and keeping the kids engaged. He even stayed with our dog at the places that didn’t allow dogs to enter, giving her water and potty breaks. This tour was the perfect choice for all of us! We got to see so much in a short period of time! Highly recommend!!
- KristalJun. 4, 2021BEST DC TOUR EVER!
This was the best day of our Washington DC trip because of this amazing tour -- and we all got to ride around Washington DC on a tricycle! The tour guide entertained the family with engrossing stories and facts. I really can't say enough about this experience.
A couple of things you should be aware of, in case you're thinking about booking with them (which you should!). At the time of this posting, Adventure DC Tricycle Tours:
1. Allows for Easy postponement
2. Charges no cancellation fee
For those worried about rain (or other bad weather), the weather was not on our side either. But they suggested changing our tour date allowing for warm sunny skies instead of cold rain. And they had complete covering that could be added to the cab if the weather got cold.
We had so much fun being shown around DC learning about the memorials and getting fascinating insights. Our fantastic guide narrated the whole tour and customized the route based on our interests. We saw a LOT in a short period of time.
To answer a couple of question:
* Is it Kid-friendly? YES! And our kids loved it.
* Does it get too hot with the sun beating down outside? No. Everyone is canopy-protected from the sun, and there's more extensive protection if it the weather gets bad.
* Is this a customizable tour? YES! It's completely customizable.
* Is this tour good for families? Absolutely. As the creator of "A Sailor's Wife" Blog I am always on the lookout for family-friendly activities, and this one fits the bill perfectly. Both the adults (me and my husband) and the kids loved it.
Summary: HIGHLY RECOMMEND