Hancock County Beaches
Or call (228) 255-3367 for more information.
- ScottAug. 8, 2018Great for dogs, no amenaties
Great beach for running, fetching and swimming. We see mullet jumping, dolphins and sea birds aplenty. There are sidewalks and a fishing pier and beach volleyball but no stores or showers. Lots of room to run and play for sure with beautiful white sand. Be respectful of nesting birds and sometimes sea turtle nests.
- LindsayMore than a year agoneeds more restaurants and solid parking but good anyway
Not closed to dogs as previously reviewed. White sand brown water but hey it's sandy. Some owner didn't pick up after their dog but otherwise a non crowded beach for your dog to play in.
- Tami RuleMore than a year agoLeash Law
BSL and Waveland beaches are wonderful if you want a bit of solitude. They are maintained beautifully I think, however the leash law is NOT enforced. Sometimes when I am walking my dog obeying the rules I have to avoid those whom are not and it is a question of 'fairness.' What is good for one should be good for all.
- GlennMore than a year agoBSL/Waveland Beaches - Feb 2015
Miles and miles of dog friendly beaches in Bay Saint Louis and Waveland. Shallow water, wide, white sand and very few people at least in January. Great place for my dog to romp.
- SabraMore than a year agoThey are allowing dogs - Sept 2014
They amended their decision & dogs are allowed!
- CarolMore than a year agoWhat can we do?!? - June 2014
My dog loves the beach. I can't think of an outing he loves more. Closing beaches to pets is going to turn off a lot of visitors. What can we do to stop this?
- KathyMore than a year agoThe Government is Taking Over - June 2014
Thanks to Hancock County Board of Supervisors, dogs will no longer be allowed on the Hancock County beaches starting next month, 13 July 2014. So sad, but true.
- KatherineMore than a year agoNice beach - Sept 2013
This is a nice little quite beach. To be honest there are nicer beaches a little further down the road but i'm not sure if you can have the pooch along. I will say though the only parking we found was at the intersection of Terrace Ave and N Beach rd
- AmandaMore than a year agoOff season experience
Took my dog to Waveland, MS based on bringfido.com suggestion, as they have no dog restricted beaches. Went in late Feb. Weather was 60s but water felt nice. Not many people around the beaches this time of year, but my dog had a blast! There are miles of beachfront sidewalks if you decide to stay out of the sand/water. Nice area but not many touristy things around...