Flying With Dogs Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Flying With Dogs Forum on June 19, 2009 11:15 a.m.. If you can help with this question about Flying With Dogs, please post a reply.

travel to and from europe with my dog

Is it safe for my dog ( labrador) to travel in Oct and return in march, are there heated compartments for the dogs so they dont freeze? Thanks

Originally posted by dru from Minneapolis, MN, US
June 19, 2009 11:15 a.m.

Replies

re: travel to and from europe with my dog

We took our Golden/Sheltie mix to Europe. We moved there at the beginning of Feb. a few years ago and she did fine in the cargo hold. Airlines that don't have the needed heat or the such for animals down there will have such listed on their sites. We flew Lufthansa when we went. We came back to the states June of last year and the airline we had to take wouldn't take a dog in cargo during that time because of the heat (was 100 when we landed), so we paid a company that put her on a Luthansa flight that landed a day after we did and she was fine again...just really wanting out of the kennel and wanting to be with us!

Posted by Sneez from Fayetteville, NC, US
June 24, 2009 3:27 p.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.