Flying With Dogs Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Flying With Dogs Forum on October 14, 2010 12:20 p.m.. If you can help with this question about Flying With Dogs, please post a reply.

Absorbent material kennel?

Hi, I plan to fly from Nicaragua to Washington DC with my 1yr old German Shepherd. She will be in cargo and American Airlines requires that her kennel be lined with "absorbent material-"--any suggestions of what works well?
Thank you!
Liz

Originally posted by Liz from Fredericksburg, VA, US
October 14, 2010 12:20 p.m.

Replies

Ms

I have flown all over the world with my German Shephard and I find the best is old clothes, anthing that has your smell. 1. the smell will comfort the dog and two, if the old clothes get soiled you can throw them away and three, even if the dog chews them, they should not cause any problem. If your dog is under 18 months they tend to chew everything in sight, so please dont put anything plastic or rubber loose in the kennel with the dog that might cause choking. Also, please note, there are some excellent water containers on the market that you can fix onto the bars of the kennel so the dop can drink

Dogs really are troopers, without a doubt, the most nervous traveller at the airport is myself, as soon as I get on the flight, I start pestering the flight attendants to check the dog has air and warmth, one told me, madam, has any of your suitcases arrived at the terminal frozen, which is a good point, but suitcases dont need to breath was my reply..........

Good luck and safe journey

Posted by Janet from Atlanta, GA, US
October 14, 2010 9:07 p.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.