International Pet Travel Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the International Pet Travel Forum on October 8, 2015 5:23 p.m.. If you can help with this question about International Pet Travel, please post a reply.

Lufthansa flights on United

Nice flight from DC to Dublin listed on Lufthansa....but it is on a United partner plane. Anybody know if the United flight will allow pets in cabin Like Lufthansa does, if booked thru Lufthansa?

Originally posted by Marcy from Francestown, NH, US
October 8, 2015 5:23 p.m.

Replies

Lufthansa flights on United - my experience

Hello,

I had the same question and called Lufthansa yesterday. They said they would take care of it by arranging it with united. I wanted to be 100% sure, so I contacted United as well and they said it would be fine for international flights but I their weight requirement varies slightly.

Lufthansa notes that the pet and the carrier must weigh up to 8kg (17.6 pounds) to be allowed in cabin. The United representative mentioned that the pet needed to be 13 pounds but nothing about the carrier.

I ended up booking a different flight that is operated by Lufthansa only, so I would suggest you contact both companies to clarify what the case is. The representatives were both really helpful.
Hope this helps

Posted by Natalie from Athens, GR
October 14, 2015 12:11 a.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.