Suggestions/Feedback Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Suggestions/Feedback Forum on April 21, 2016 9:29 a.m.. If you can help with this question about Suggestions/Feedback, please post a reply.

Theft in Dog Park

I went to the dog park the other day with my two dogs. When I drove into the park a Cobb County police car followed me in and parked in front of the restroom area and went into the restroom.

I got out of my car and entered the large dog area where there were two women and one man with their large dogs. There was also another women and her dog in the small dog area.

Shortly after I arrived, the man left with his 4 dogs. Then, shortly after that one other woman left with her dog and that's when we heard her holler out that somebody had broken her passenger side window and stole her purse. She immediately called the police. The first cop that showed up was the same one who followed me into the park to use the restroom. He took down all of her information and then a second cop showed up.

She lost her purse with all her money, credit cards, driver's license, checkbook, and her glasses, not to mention her broken passenger window.

The other women that were still in the park, including me, said we didn't hear any glass breaking at all. So, whoever did this, knew how to break a window without it making any noise and in broad daylight with the possibility of somebody else driving into the park and catching him in the act, which could have been even more disastrous.

The woman mentioned that she saw a white van or truck leaving the park but didn't know the make of the vehicle and didn't have a license plate number. The cop also mentioned that he passed a white pickup truck when he was coming into the park, but also mentioned that when he came to use the restroom he noticed that her window wasn't broken then.

I believe that Pitner should mount motion video cameras on the light poles so if this ever happens again, they'll have a video of the culprit.

I'm afraid to go back there alone, and if I do, I'll put my wallet and keys in a fanny pack. Because there are so many women there with their dogs and children, with this society the way it is, I'm afraid there may eventually be rape and/or abductions in that park.

Please make note of this and be sure you don't leave any valuables in your car! I don't even think it would hurt to carry MACE with you when you go there. Be aware and be safe!

Originally posted by Elaine from Dallas, GA, US
April 21, 2016 9:29 a.m.

Replies

No discussion yet, be the first to reply!
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.