Here comes Santa Claus! ‘Tis the season to snap the cutest, sweetest and sometimes most hilarious photo of your pooch with the big bearded fellow in the red coat to share with your friends and family (and #BringFido, of course). We’ve created our very own “nice list” of tips for getting the most precious portrait of your Christmas canine with jolly old St. Nick.
- Start Fresh - Take a tip from the pros and bring your pup’s comb and some pet wipes with you so he is perfectly groomed for his photos. And don’t forget to shine up his pearly whites to capture those sweet smiles. Santa will certainly appreciate the fresh breath, too!
- Dress to Impress - While your little cutie is absolutely perfect just as she is, if you want to add a little extra pizzazz to her pic, a classy Christmas dress (make that a festive bow tie for the gents) or reindeer antlers are always a great addition for the occasion.
- Bring the Treats - The secret to getting award-winning puppy grins? Reward your good boy’s behavior (or bribe him) with some of his favorite snacks.
- Get Involved - Put your pooch at ease and capture her attention by standing behind the camera. If she’s a bit camera shy, just jump right in the photo with her! But if you're taking the shot, make sure to get down on her level for the most angelic angle.
- Embrace the Imperfections - Sometimes, the silliest Santa pics make the best holiday memories.
So, where can you take your furry elf to strike a pose with Mr. Kringle? The good news is that you probably won’t have far to travel, no matter where you live. From one-day events to ongoing "Pet Nights with Santa," here's where you can go for Fido’s festive photo op this year.